1961-1983

遷入外雙溪校區後的二十年,是東吳大學在台復校後的關鍵成長期。歷經石超庸(任期1957~1968)、桂崇基(任期1968~1969)及端木愷(任期1969~1983)三任校長。石校長任內全心致力教學水準的提昇,學生成績採嚴格的淘汰率,為學校奠立穩定的根基。1969年教育部終於核准東吳大學恢復大學建制。端木校長接任後則積極開創發展,任內增設十二個學系、七個研究所、三個博士班,圖書館、哲生樓、音樂館及教師研究大樓等校舍相繼建成,又在台北市貴陽街設城區部,並興建兩棟教學大樓。教學設施日趨完善,校區規模已然成型。愛校的熱情凝聚了董事會、全體師生及校友,東吳人憑藉著堅強的毅力走過慘澹歲月,培育英才無數,締造了辦學佳績,也贏得社會的認同與支持。     

The first two decades after moving to the Waishuanghsi campus were crucial for the growth of Soochow University after its reactivation in Taiwan.  Dr. Stone, Dean and then President from 1957 to 1968, was greatly devoted to raising the academic standards during his term in office, laying a solid foundation for the university in this respect. In 1969, the Ministry of Education approved that the university resume its status as a full university.  Subsequently, Dr. Joseph K. Twanmoh, President from 1969 to 1983, had great achievements further actively developing the university. During his term in office, 12 new departments, 7 new graduate schools, and 3 new doctoral programs were started, and the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Library and a number of main academic buildings were successively constructed. He also started the Downtown Campus on Kueiyang Street, Taipei City, where two buildings were erected. More and more outstanding young men and women were educated and had graduated from the university, and the school’s superb teaching performance has been well acknowledged and deeply appreciated by the members of public. After the efforts of two decades, Soochow University has now turned into a fully developed university.

 

|回到頁首 |